I was working on the Tip of the Day and found that I needed more room that FaceBook would allow so I decided to blog on and give you the whole enchilada. So here goes . . .
When someone is searching the web, they are actively looking for the solution to their "problem." Nothing is worse than buying a widget from one place, the do-dad from another and then having to call on a third source to help you learn how to use it!
When you are able to offer the total solution you have not only solved the problem, you'll get the sale.
Here are some examples of the total solution:
Think of the times you've been frustrated going from one source to another trying to find the perfect solution. I remember trying to find one application / program / cloud source that would both do time-keeping, invoicing & project management. I still haven't found that so I am using 1 cloud app for time-keeping & invoicing, 1 cloud app for project management, and 1 program on my computer to provide full service payroll processing. I'm thinking it would be pretty great to have it all in one.
- Give a beginning price but show a package price (with discount is even better) for all the elements necessary for them to be able to use your product or service out of the box.
- Give the visitor options for shipping or installation of the product. Use that as part of the package pricing.
- Give clear exchange and return policies - when people have this information up front it helps them trust you.
- Offer training, on site or virtual, to help people learn to use the product or get the most from your services.
- Have clear instructions on how to set-up, let people know the ease / difficulty to learn about the product.
- Sell service plans as part of a package, definitely don't make them search for it on the website. When it's included as part of the package, they are more likely to purchase. It is more difficult to sell these services later on.
- Do you have any guarantees? Put them up front and center - this is every bit as much of the solution as any tangible elements.
- If you have many locations then use that as part of the benefit to the total package solution.
I also know that my clients really appreciate the fact that they can rely on my service as a "one-stop" shop to solve all their needs: web development, hosting, domains, search optimization, social marketing, email marketing and lots of good ideas.
Take a look at how your site is offering your featured product or service and think of how you can change the way it is all presented to give the total solution. Need ideas? Contact me!